Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the hours of operation? Camp David is opened daily from 6:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. We are closed in observance of Independence Day.
2. What is the weekly fee? The weekly fee is $125.00 and includes breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack. You only pay for the weeks your child attends.
3. Do you offer sibling discounts? Yes. The sibling discount tier is $125/first child; $115/second child; and $105/third child.
4. Is there a daily rate? The daily drop in rate is $35 per child, up to three days per week. Sibling discounts are not available on daily rates.
5. What does the Registration Fee cover? The registration fee of $250 covers the cost of weekly fieldtrips, on-site activities, academic workbooks, and a Camp David t-shirt. The Registration Fee increases to $275 after 3:00 p.m. on May 18, 2018.
6. How is Camp David staffed? Camp David is staffed with the same familiar faces as during the school year. Our teachers are 12-month employees.
7. When is the registration deadline? The registration deadline is usually the Friday before the customary school year ends; the last week in May.
8. What ages may enroll in Camp David? Camp David will service students from ages 2 to 12. We only accept two year old students who have enrolled for the upcoming school year, AND who are fully potty-trained.
9. What are the planned field trips? The Students take a field trip every every Thursday, beginning the second week of camp. In the past, field trips have been planned to U.S. Play/Chuck E. Cheese; GA Acquarium; Six Flags/Six Flags White Water; Coca-Cola/Centennial Park; Fun Junction; Zoo Atlanta; KangaZoom; GA Shakespeare Theatre; and Stone Mountain.
10. What are the academic focuses? Students have four days of academics focusing on Reading, Math, Language Arts, and Science. All completed assignments are sent home on Fridays.
11. Are the younger students required to take a nap? All students age 5 and under are required to have at least 90 minutes of rest time each day.
12. Are the students required to arrive each morning at a certain time? No, students may arrive at whatever time is convenient for their parents. Students are asked to arrive early on field trip days.
13. What is the daily attire? Campers may dress casually each day. Open toe shoes, such as sandals and flip-flops are never permissible. Students are required to wear Camp David t-shirts on each field trip.